Vox AC30HW2X Hand Wired
The VOX Hand-Wired Series – turret board construction and hand-wiring make this the ultimate amp, with rich versatile voicing and a classic powerful sound.
There may never have been an amp boasting such a lofty and pure sound in the entire history of VOX. The VOX Hand-Wired Series relies on the painstaking technique of turret board hand-wiring – a method requiring a high level of skill and craftsmanship – is used, resulting in wiring that's beautiful in its artistry, ensuring an efficient signal path with minimal loss and no restriction in amplitude. In the Hand-Wired Series, tubes, transformers, speakers, chassis, and custom parts all join together in an ideal state to deliver the richest and most powerful sonic experience – the ultimate amp. Not bound by tradition, the VOX Hand-Wired Series also provides a variety of new functions that keep pace with the needs of today's artists. Offering a rich variety of tonal shadings and a broad model lineup, the enormous potential of the VOX Hand-Wired Series will reveal itself in any musical scenario.
True all-tube design – preamp, power amp, and rectifier
The VOX Hand-Wired Series is a true all-tube amplifier, employing vacuum tubes in the preamp, power amp, and rectifier. The preamp uses three classic ECC83/12AX7 tubes. The power stage uses a quartet of EL84 tubes. The VOX Hand Wired Series use a tube rectifier. The AC30 models feature a GZ34 rectifier tube. These elements, when combined, provide the vibrant, organic and unmistakable tone that is the heart of the classic VOX sound.
Key Features and Product Highlights
• Hand-wired turret board construction
• Birch-ply cabinets featuring solid bracing and a natural high frequency diffuser
• All-tube design
• ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes (x3)
• EL84 power tube quartet
• GZ34 rectifier
• Fitted with matched Ruby Tubes that provide extended dynamic range
• Traditional VOX two-channel design.
• Top Boost and Normal. High and Low inputs for each channel
• The Normal channel provides an additional BRIGHT switch.
• The top boost channel provides a HOT/COOL switch to achieve even more gain
• Master Volume/BYPASS switch completely bypasses the Master Volume section
• OP mode switch cut the amp’s Output Power level in half
• Vintage fawn-colored vinyl, reminiscent of the 1960 classic AC30
• Celestion Alnico Blue